Olympus Em1.2 for video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erbedo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all, I own an Olympus em1.2, which I mainly use for stills. However, recently I'd like to explore some of its video capabilities. Except buying lights, which I already did, what do you advise as basic settings/techniques to start with? Any guide?

What I know now:
- shoot at 60p to possibly slow down footage
- shutter speed double to fps, so 1/125
- f/8 to get most of the stuff in focus

Anything else?

I used the e-m1ii for video last year, it's quite a challenge but results can be good.
Personally I shot most on c4k 24p, sharpness is much better compared to 60p. However it's really important to keep the camera steady, shake ruins shots. There's a special shutter speed setting for 24p, 1/48.
Lens choice is pretty important, I mostly used the 30mm macro and olympus 8mm fisheye (didn't really plan on doing video but strobe trigger broke so had no choice).
I also have the 60mm macro but it's almost impossible to shoot video due to shallow depth of field and camera shake.
If you're doing wide angle learn to use white balance.

Here's the vid, it's not professional quality but I'm happy considering I mostly planned to do stills.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom