Olympus E-M1 & New MZ 8mm Fisheye PRO Lens Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JackConnick

Jack Connick
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I've put up my review of the new Olympus f1.8 mz 8mm Fisheye PRO lens on an Oly OM-D EM-1 camera.

Sort of a mini-trip report on the start of my Solomon Islands trip as well.

[h=1]Olympus E-M1 & New MZ 8mm Fisheye PRO Lens Review[/h][h=3]One Camera, One Lens - An Ascent from Desperation.
By Jack Connick, Optical Ocean Sales[/h]
EM1-8mmFE-31.jpg

Nice review Jack lots of useful information. Would be interested if you have any inside into the question in the Olympus section about why Olympus may have returned to the original port system with the E-Mr II housing.

Phil;

Cost, no doubt. The other housings were selling for $1200ish without a port and were too expensive for their market segment. It's a nicer housing, but they couldn't make it competitive with Nauticam and others.

I think Olympus glass are always superb and this shows. It s good that they continue to develop housings and ports for their line. I loo forward to the review of the 7" wide angle port for the 7-14mm lens!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom