Olympus 720 SW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jviehe

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Saw and ad for this in a tennis magazine. Seems pretty cool that its waterproof out of the box

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1225

Less than 0.8" thick, this versatile, compact digital camera is designed with the signature style and performance for which the Stylus line is renowned with the added benefits of Shock and Waterproof technology - perfect for any situation, durable enough for shooting in any conditions. From hiking, surfing and skiing to parties and Little League games, the solid, shock-absorbing design combines with waterproof sealants to deliver clear, vibrant pictures of whatever, whenever, wherever.

Got one for my wife with the Oly housing. She is NOT a photographer and her pics show it. There are no manual controls -- in fact, very limited controls.

That said, it is a nice little camera, good quality pics and very compact, even in the housing.

They also have a 770 that goes to 33 ft. Maybe not a good cam, but I did recently drop mine in the water and ruin it, so maybe good for me to get a water proof cam. Wonder how the UW pics are.

They're OK. About what you would expect. No way would I buy one for what they want for it. I have one - a long story - and have used it to play with.

Check out the first image in our Stickied Theme of the Week - it was shot with one of these :wink:

Depends. Those conditions suited it (read lots of natural light right at the surface) and you're viewing it on the web. If that's all you want then it might be a great solution.

If you're going to want to print or work with less light, I'd skip it. I don't like the results I've gotten on land either...just too durned noisy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom