Olympus 5060 setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phys16

Registered
Reaction score
I''ve bought the Olympus 5060, with the Olympus UW housing. I'm thinking of getting the Sea and Sea ys-90DX lighting package with the DX stay and the flexible arm. Has anyone tried this setup? I read one thread where the person said that the DX stay isn't very stable when mounted to the Olympus housing, does anyone know if that is correct? I called a few photo dive shops, and they all said that the Olympus UW housing works fine with the Sea and Sea DX stay.
Thanks
Dave

phys16:
I''ve bought the Olympus 5060, with the Olympus UW housing. I'm thinking of getting the Sea and Sea ys-90DX lighting package with the DX stay and the flexible arm. Has anyone tried this setup? I read one thread where the person said that the DX stay isn't very stable when mounted to the Olympus housing, does anyone know if that is correct? I called a few photo dive shops, and they all said that the Olympus UW housing works fine with the Sea and Sea DX stay.
Thanks
Dave

I find sea and sea over-priced. Check this site out for better options

phys16:
Thanks
Dave

Have a look at the Epoque tray and even their arm sets. The tray is simple and works well with all Oly housings. Also check out their ball arms. They are made of polycarbonate but they do feature 'O' rings on the ball which makes underwater adjustment very easy. Don't know if they will be available in your area but worth to check. Best of all they are much cheaper than S&S. Check out their web page at http://www.epoque-japan.com/e-digitalacc-ESA.htm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom