Olympic access to whitecliff?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaleC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Thinking of heading out to WC tomorrow and was wondering if anyone has had any problems accessing it so far. Does the traffic to Cypress or Whistler cause delays etc...?

The permits required are only necessary *after* squamish, so you shouldn't be blocked by the sea to sky cops in that regard. Not sure what traffic is like though. You could always take marine drive if its looking a bit busy.

So far traffic in the city has been unusually light. Traffic to Whistler is mostly pretty early, and with most of the tickets at Cypress cancelled, traffic to there can't be very heavy either.

Thanks guys.
I finally got out to WC today and there was no issue with the traffic. You wouldn't have even known the olympics were on. The vis was about 20' with a lot of particulate in the water. Tried to take pictures but I suck at photography. The cable on the left wall (Islet) is getting a nice collection of sponges and tube worms though and well worth a photographic essay by someone who knows what they are doing.
I met three divers from Calgary in the parking lot. Hello to Ken and Co. if you read this.

Sorry John, doing the Sask on Sunday. Saturday is Daddy day.
I will probably head out again mid week. I'm going to college now but don't start till one so a single dive still works out.
Perhaps we will have to check out Whiskey cove conditions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom