Oly tryout at MIT (love the E-410)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oceancurrent

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Last weekend we had an Olympus demo day at the MIT Scuba Club. Well, actually, we went to a nice beach at the Cape for this one, complete with BBQ and everything. It was tons of fun.

Andy, the Oly rep for the North East (a very nice guy) brought a bunch of the latest cameras with him and we gave them a run in the water. While the vis was rather poor, we had some interesting pictures (even without any strobes).

Personally, I've set my eye on the E-410. It's a darn sweet camera. At around $2000, the E-410 kit plus PT-E03 housing are just out of reach for me, but I am starting to put money aside for the day my C-5050 gives up the spirit. Actually, on second thought, maybe I should trade in the C-5050 with the housing and Inon lens for around $600-700 while they are still hot and upgrade to a E-410. Yet again, the C-5050 has been really good to me for four years, and it is a classic at this point, so I don't really want to give it up. Ahh, I guess I will have to break the bank...

Does anyone have any experience to share with the E-410?

Here is a review I found of the E-410:
http://wetpixel.com/i.php/full/olympus-e-410-dslr-and-pt-e03-underwater-housing/

And here are some pics from our event:
Oly Camera Demo Day - MIT Scuba Club

Nice...I would loved to have had the opportunity to try before buying. Also to have an expert there to answer questions

MIT students have time for photography and scuba? Man, the Georgia Tech of the North must be slipping!! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom