Oly 5050z, Pt-015 and Lenses (Again?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

urmo

Reaction score
This question must have been asked like a 1000 times but i still cant get any strait answers, so please bare with me.

- Can i fit a Olympus WCON-07 wideangle lens on my PT-015 housing? :confused:
- Is the WCON suited for UW-use?? Are there different kinds of WCON lenses, some suited for UW and others not?? :confused:
- Do i need any kind of adaptor rings to connect the lens to the housing?? :confused:

I have been in contact with both Olympus Sweden and the Olympus European Support in Holland(?) and no one has even heard of the posibility to attach lenses to the housing. :wacko:

Can anyone give me a strait answers...pleeease :(
regards..

Hi URMO,

The WCON is an above the water lens only. It mounts onto a collar that screws into the lens barrel on the 5050 camera.

Several manufacturers make wide angle lenses for the PT-015 including, INON, Sea & Sea and Olympus. These lenses fit on the housing and are for underwater use only. If I remember correctly the Olympus is PWC-01 and the INON is UWL-100 Type 2. I do not know the identifier for the Sea & Sea. I was originally going to buy the Olympus lens but have recently decided on the INON as you can also attach a "dome" that allows for additional wide angle coverage.

I know of no lens that is appropriate for both above and underwater use.

TedJ

TedJ once bubbled...
I do not know the identifier for the Sea & Sea.

TedJ

Sea & Sea WAL L 0.56 :wink:

Welcome back Ted !!! Hope the trip was "fruitful" :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom