oly 5050 pt-015 strobe problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

domino22

Contributor
Reaction score
I just got a oly5050 and the pt-015 and a sea&sea ys 25 dx how should I hook up the fiber optic cable to the housing??? The strobe cam with velcro and patterns but none were for the pt-015 don't like the velcro any suggestions? Thanks

Same answer on wetpixel:

domino22, couldn't find one for the PT015 but here's a link that might give you some ideas: http://www.uwdigitalcamera.com/English/eDXstrobe.htm
Scroll down to the centre of the page where the downloadable pdfs are....

Advise is not to modify the PT015 diffuser panels permanently, like drill holes in it. Or remove the PTs diffuser panels and make a diffuser panel of the same shape with black plastic and drill a hole in it.

thanks looked at the site but did not see the the pt-015 listed, did I not look at the site correctly? thanks

No the PT015 pattern is not listed... I was hoping it would give you some ideas. Below is a pattern I've created. I don't have the Sea and Sea strobe set but hopefully it'll work for you. Print it using a programme like Photoshop. Or I can send you the pdf.

HI,

Do not remove or modify the original diffuser / filter. What you can go is use a new velco..estimate the rough perimeter of the built-in strobe and secure like what you usually do for other camera sets.

YS 25DX uses fibre optic...the "warm" flash throught the original filter should be able to be picked up by this cable to the external strobe.

If not ....simply have it removed by screwing but do not drill any holes. This is to be used for macro shots when you are not utilizing your ext strobes.

Hope it helps.

hi reyeR,

can you please send me the pdf-file of the drawing for the PT015?

scubadudee once bubbled...
HI,

Do not remove or modify the original diffuser / filter. What you can go is use a new velco..estimate the rough perimeter of the built-in strobe and secure like what you usually do for other camera sets.

YS 25DX uses fibre optic...the "warm" flash throught the original filter should be able to be picked up by this cable to the external strobe.

If not ....simply have it removed by screwing but do not drill any holes. This is to be used for macro shots when you are not utilizing your ext strobes.

Hope it helps.
Thanks but if I cut new velcro should I make it large enough to cover the whole diffuser like the pattern was designed and sent to me by reyer earlier? I have access to aircraft sheet metal and tools at the hanger and could make a new plate in a short time and drill it. Also I plan on using this stobe for macro and adding another in the future. Any thoughts on this?

I have and use a replacement diffuser panel on my PT-10. If I'm positive I am not going to be using the internal flash, I remove the milky diffuser than came one the PT-10 and replace it with one made of a black plastic that has holes drilled through for the FO cable connection. Removing and replacing 4 small screws is all it takes.

The only thing I would do is extend the panel up and over the top of the PT-10 to eliminate any light coming from behind the black panel. A short piece of duct tape does the trick for now. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom