Older posts ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Externet

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all.
Threads shown are mostly new; accessing previous 'pages' and searching don't get too far back. Is there an archive site of posts from years ago ? How to access ? Am lost :confused4:

Thanks,
Miguel

Hi all.
Threads shown are mostly new; accessing previous 'pages' and searching don't get too far back. Is there an archive site of posts from years ago ? How to access ? Am lost :confused4:

Thanks,
Miguel

I don't know if you can search by post chronologically all the way back.
I suppose advanced search might have something, but I don't see the point.

Try the "Forums" link at he top of page; you will find posts organized by topic, chronological by most recent post within topic, which usually makes more sense unless you just want to be tuning into the "current chatter", which is fine until it's no longer current.

You can also search either the whole board, or just a particular topic, for posts containing keywords of interest.

Google will generally show archived posts back to about 2001. At least that's the oldest I've seen recently.

To search SB in Google use this format: XXXX site:scubaboard.com replacing XXXX with your search term.

We also have a Google Custom Search. It also checks the Archives, I just tried it.

The Archives are also available here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/archive/index.php/

Links to 4 of the forum archives can be found near the bottom of this and every other post.

AFAIK, all posts ever made (except for a few disk crashes) are available. If you're in a particular forum (i.e. Site Support where this thread is located), at the bottom of the list of threads, just under the
newthread.gif
button and page links, you should be three drop downs. The one you want is the right-most one, which specifies how far back in time to list threads. Set this as desired (and the other drop downs) and then hit the "Show Threads" button to it's right.

In your CP options, you can set your default 'how far back in time to display threads' to either "Forum Default" (i.e. whatever the SB admin who created the forum specified) or choose a value of your own.

Last edited:
Hi all.

Thanks,
Miguel
You should now be seeing a lot more threads (depending on the forum you're in).

Your thread filter was set to "Last Month" which will not give you many threads in any forum. It's now set to "All". :)

Thanks, fellows, for your great and prompt help.

Miguel

Back
Top Bottom