Older Dive Rite fins...monoprene or ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wgmontgomery

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I've been looking at Dive Rite fins...used is kind of a must (car repairs) right now. My understanding is (correct me if I'm wrong) that the Apollo Prestige on which the DR are based were monoprene. DR's original fins were monoprene too, but at some point they used a different material. The current DR fins are monoprene.

Is there a way (cosmetic changes like straps, color etc.) to tell which version DR fin one might be buying online? Obviously this means that you can't touch/hold them as I'd be relyig on pics/description.

Any help is appreciated...I just started diving dry (another reason that I'm broke) and my Jet/Rocket fins don't fit my DS boots.

Thanks

Ask DR over in their forum. I remember they had issues with a particular run after changing the compound some years back and that they then went back to original but my memory is foggy. I "think" the "bad" ones were black.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom