Wanted Old style Oceanic Probe weight pocket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HaraldGS

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone have a line on old style weight pockets for an approximately 20 year old Oceanic Probe Bioflex BC?
I was diving in St Thomas recently with the wife and the crew didn't attach one of the weight pockets correctly and it was lost. Hate to toss a BC that's in good shape due to a missing weight pocket and no, the wife isn't willing to use a weight belt.

The weight pockets in this BC do not have quick release clips and instead rely on a slender, white plastic rod that is inserted through a little triangular, black plastic block in the BC. Oceanic no longer sells this part and my
Google skills have not been able to find one anywhere. Maybe someone knows of a stash somewhere in the backroom of a dive shop?

The other option I'm thinking of is perhaps get a different style weight pocket and sew clips onto the BC. I have a professional seamstress that does industrial sewing at my disposal, so attaching parts would be the easy part.

Hi, my 1998 vintage Oceanic Chute II just fell apart. It had this style of weight pocket. One of the plastic rods broke last year but I 3D printed a replacement that works fine. Both pockets are available along with a couple of extra rods just in case.

Brendan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom