Old Skin Diver Magazines (1988)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lauren,
I finally made time to review my bound sets of the 1997 & 1988 issues of Skin Diver magazine.

I am indeed sad to report my search, because of the size of SDM during that era, 150 plus pages per issue, I was only able to review the table of contents followed by a fanning of the issue to hopefully discover an article or a picture. Nothing of interest jumped off the page.

During that era Paul Tzimoulis was the SDM editor and was attempting to transform SDM into a travel/sports magazine. I suspect it was a small side bar single column article that would not be in the table of contents

One hope for you is to contact a member of Ernst family who are still involved in spear fishing. I would suggest that you post a note on "Spear Board" in the California section asking for his address and or telephone number. They might have a clipping of the event they can copy and send you or Id the exact issue of SDM and I can possibly copy it for you.

Sorry I don't have better news for you

SDM

Back
Top Bottom