Old Scubapro mask questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eleniel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

Can anyone help us identify this mask?

We have an old Scubapro dive mask that needs replaced if possible, and if not we need to know it the lenses from this mask can be used in any currently available mask as they are prescription lenses. It was purchased in 1999.

Thanks for any help!

Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 2.41.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 2.41.36 PM.png

Does not appear to be a Scubapro Solara mask that currently has corrective lens available. Lens look like might be able to fit a Look mask by Aqualung. Try Aqualung dealer and see if it will fit.

Look 2 lenses have slight round on all edges, will not fit those inserts.
Are those actually prescription, or off-the-shelf diopters? And if prescription, are they bonded to the glass, or actually two single piece inserts?
If diopter, your investment is not that great, just start fresh with a new diopter style mask.
If bonded, my guy has always been able to transfer lenses, and do a little re-shaping if needed on the edges. As I can see the “Tempered Glass” mark I am pretty sure you have one of those two variations, not an actual replacement prescription lens.

Look 2 lenses have slight round on all edges, will not fit those inserts.
Are those actually prescription, or off-the-shelf diopters? And if prescription, are they bonded to the glass, or actually two single piece inserts?
If diopter, your investment is not that great, just start fresh with a new diopter style mask.
If bonded, my guy has always been able to transfer lenses, and do a little re-shaping if needed on the edges. As I can see the “Tempered Glass” mark I am pretty sure you have one of those two variations, not an actual replacement prescription lens.

I'm not entirely sure, it's my fiance's mask. From what he's told me about how he got them and what I know about his prescription they'd be bonded if not an actual replacement prescription lens (off the shelf diopters can't work with his prescription).

Almost for sure they are bonded. Shop for someone that can transfer them. Unless of course they are old enough to warrant a new prescription.

Prescription is fine, so hopefully one of our local shops can transfer them!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom