Old school doubles and more!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aigtbootbp

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Well I finally got my doubles set up. Here are a couple of pictures, nothing in here younger than 30 years (I think).
I know, no retro regs but hopefully I will eventually.

DSC00139.jpg

DSC00140.jpg

Looks good.
All you need now is a nice RAM to go with that set of dubs.
Contact Nemrod on this board, it just so happens he has the perfect reg for you.
Nice backpack on the left. Weight your self light and go dive it the way it is without a wing.

Looks good.
All you need now is a nice RAM to go with that set of dubs.
Contact Nemrod on this board, it just so happens he has the perfect reg for you.
Nice backpack on the left. [red] Weight your self light and go dive it the way it is without a wing.[/red]

That is my goal. I plan to test these out until I can go the entire dive without ever inflating the horsecollar, after I get that down I will just leave it on the boat. :)

Aigtbootbp,

Hope to see you this weekend at Portage Quarry in Bowling Green, Ohio. It's the annual big vintage equipment diving get together known as Legends of Diving. We will be many in our double hose, double tank rigs. Come and join the fun.

I'm glad that manifold and set of bands worked out for you.

I'm glad that manifold and set of bands worked out for you.

It is working out very well. I can't wait to get it underwater and see how well it all works.
Thanks again,
Gary

Unless something happens. I'll be at Portage this weekend.

Nice set of tanks.

You may want to raise that back pack on that set of doubles. In that position you are going to knock the back of your head.

IMO the top of the plastic pack should be level with the manifold... give or take an inch or so.

Personally, I like my tanks very low. It places a double hose in a better position, but even with a single hose I don like the top of the tank hitting me on the head. If I need to reach the valves I just push the tanks up with my other hand (there is always a little play even with a crotch strap).

I also like that single back pack. I would also lower that tank, but this is personal preference.

Nice set of tanks.

You may want to raise that back pack on that set of doubles. In that position you are going to knock the back of your head.

+1

I know you don't have a vintage double hose regulator yet, but the trick is the mount the the longest regulator you will be using on the manifold, loosen the bands, and slide the backpack up until you have about 1/8" clearance between the backpack and the regulator can. I don't like the backpack puting any pressure or stress on the regulator cans. By the way, you should reroute your straps at the top so they come forward directly out of the slots, not over the top of the backpack.

The Healthways set in my avatar has the same backpack as yours. Maybe you can make out how high I could adjust mine for my USD regulators.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom