Old news: Question about death in Ginnie Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alexis

Registered
Reaction score
I don't have a current incident to report, but I would like to ask if anyone on the board has info concerning a death that occurred at Ginnie Springs, FL early one morning in January of 2003.

I received my OW certification at Ginnie the day that this occurred - the folks at the shop understandably kept my group away from the water that morning(!), and so none of us ever learned what happened. The only details I have are that a man was found face down in the shallows with a backplate but no tanks.

At any rate, this story has been bugging me for the last 1.5 years. Kind of a sensational way to start out one's dive career! I was hoping to get an answer to what happened out there.

Thanks,
Alexis

alexis:
I don't have a current incident to report, but I would like to ask if anyone on the board has info concerning a death that occurred at Ginnie Springs, FL early one morning in January of 2003.

I received my OW certification at Ginnie the day that this occurred - the folks at the shop understandably kept my group away from the water that morning(!), and so none of us ever learned what happened. The only details I have are that a man was found face down in the shallows with a backplate but no tanks.

At any rate, this story has been bugging me for the last 1.5 years. Kind of a sensational way to start out one's dive career! I was hoping to get an answer to what happened out there.

Thanks,
Alexis
This it?
http://www.scubaboard.com/t21252.html

Back
Top Bottom