Old Marine Land Sunday 1/4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Codyjp

Contributor
Reaction score
Is anybody interested in a dive at Old Marine Land this Sunday? The tides are looking favorable for an afternoon dive at around 2? We could even consider doing a morning dive somewhere else and make it a 2 dive day. Conditions have been stellar and the vis is spectacular!

Let me know!

Okay, seriously....I hate you, Cody! All these Marineland dives you're doing recently while I'm in the cold PNW and can't make them....ugh! Wanna go out January 9th and/or 10th? :wink:

The only consolation I can take in this is that I've gotten some great PNW dives in with some great PNW divers! :D

Okay, seriously....I hate you, Cody! All these Marineland dives you're doing recently while I'm in the cold PNW and can't make them....ugh! Wanna go out January 9th and/or 10th? :wink:

The only consolation I can take in this is that I've gotten some great PNW dives in with some great PNW divers! :D

Let me get this strait. You got to dive in the sound and now you hate me? What has that snow done to you?

I am out of town the 9-10th :( BUMMER! We will dive it soon though, we can have a red cart race. I fit two entire rigs on mine last time we went.

Sarah, OML is in Palos Verdes. It is a wonderful site with a bit of a walk involved but it is well worth it. You can find a whole bunch of useful reading here: If you didn't dive MarineLand on Sunday, what's your dealio? - The Dive Matrix Forums

hehe, diving in the sound has been great....and diving with the likes of Bob and Lynne has been even better! But from all I hear about Marineland and it being such an awesome site (albeit one you have to dive in close to perfect conditions), I'm definitely jealous that you're having such great conditions while I'm out of the state.

The snow has all melted, but it sure is weird to get in the water to warm up! 40 degree air temp, 44 degree water temp....brrrrr! But definitely worth it!

Hmmm, so you can fit two entire rigs on your cart? Is it a PITA to do so, or not too bad? Trying to figure out if it's worth it to buy two or just one....either way, we'll live it up with our red carts! And we have all of January (and all of 2009) to get out to OML and make an epic dive, so we'll figure out another weekend!

Getting 2 rigs on the carts was a bit off a pain but it worked. We stacked the tanks on the bottom and bungied them down, then stacked the plates/wings on above them. It worked but it wasn't optimal. I can put a completely 'assembled' rig on the cart all alone. For 2 rigs though I would go with a wagon or Kens cart method.

Harbor Freight was selling red wagons with big tires for $50 and I bet you could get 2 rigs in that.

2009, the year of OML diving amongst other things!

From Divebum Don Robarge;

I had another pow-wow today with Turner superintendent Steve Chew about current Point Trail entry/access/exit issues. THE POINT TRAIL IS CLOSED. We joked that it's only a matter of months until there's ALL access, but for now, even going through an open fence or gate into the job site will not be "cool" or tolerated (without special permission).

Of course leaving a cart or dolly on their job site OR planning to exit the point and then leave their job site area with a cart full of "something?" was never anything he and I had agreed to, anticipated or had encountered until recently. PLEASE don't do that! It rightly pisses off the guards. They're in charge of a lot of expensive stuff. Job site security is a HUGE issue, I know, I'm a tradesman.

I would avoid any point entries for now, just follow Max and Merry's lead and enjoy the surface swim out, chat and enjoy the view on the way from the cove to the point :~)

Happy New Year to all the Board posters and lurkers!

It's not so bad. It takes about 23 minutes, or about as much time as it takes to walk to the point and enter while my knees are shaking in fear. :)
I used to enter at the point a lot before I met Merry. Of course, I used to get beat up there a lot as well.

It's not so bad. It takes about 23 minutes, or about as much time as it takes to walk to the point and enter while my knees are shaking in fear. :)
I used to enter at the point a lot before I met Merry. Of course, I used to get beat up there a lot as well.

Sounds like somebody who has done it 500+ times!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom