Old Mako Purus Compressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

daveblake

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have an old Mako Purus compressor with about 50 hours on it. (see pics). It has not been run since about 1985, but was kept in a climate-controlled area, and everything looks good. I want to start it up to see if it runs so I can sell it, but I don't recall the oil mixture for the Sachs engine it has, and I'm afraid to start it without the proper oil mixture for the engine. I have the proper oil for the compressor, and the oil level is still good. Any suggestions?
Mako Overview.jpg
Mako front overview.jpg
Mako plate.jpg

I wouldn’t bet a lot, but that Sachs sure looks like a 2 stroke to me. Are you positive there is an oil sump?

I wouldn’t bet a lot, but that Sachs sure looks like a 2 stroke to me. Are you positive there is an oil sump?
Ah, yes. You said mixture. Back when I was running Sachs engines in snowmobiles, it was 32:1, and not TCW-3.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom