Old Dive shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldschoolto

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
OK, I was think about the old days and central skin divers out on merrick road on Long Island... But there was a Dive shop in Amityville / massapequa on old Sunrise Hwy.... There was a old two man sub in the front parking lot... Anyone remember the name of the shop and the guy that ran it... I spent many a day there hanging out and learning about wreck diving... Thanks in advance for any help in kick starting my old brain..

Jim...

Honest Archie was central divers. Had 2 locations. His son now has a shop in NYC.
Other shop may have been divers way.long time ago.

Central Divers other shop was in Queens , NY on Jamaica ave... When I moved to the city from LI that's were I got my air fills..

Jim....

Will Jacobs had an shop in in the late 1950s a place called Long Beach, New York.

Will and I collaborated on the prospective design, development and finally acceptance of the red & white divers flag so many years ago...

Could it be Will's shop ?

SDM

Will Jacobs had a shop in in the late 1950s in a city called Long Beach, New York.

Will and I collaborated on the prospective design, development and finally acceptance of the red & white divers flag so many years ago...

Could it be Will's shop ?

SDM

12801605_1064971463541812_9054853688250911988_n.jpg

what do the last two posts have to do with answering the question of the name of the shop ON LONG ISLAND, IN NEW YORK, IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA??????????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom