Old Dive manuals showing paddleboards as Dive Platform and proper use....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danvolker

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I seem to recall the Naui Manual in 1972 having paddle boards in the open water course manual, as a way to reach the dive site, and the proper method to use them as a dive platform.

Does anyone here have any links or images on this to share?

I will look at my Naui manuals. But they weren't the first to have them. Sea Net Mfg had them in the 40's for spearfishermen.

Last edited:
I will look at my Naui manuals. But they weren't the frirt to have them. Sea Net Mfg had them in the 40's for spearfishermen.

Any shots/images, articles/"How to's", and links to this also would be good.....Relates to an article I want to do on Paddle boards and diving.
Thanks!

Any shots/images, articles/"How to's", and links to this also would be good.....Relates to an article I want to do on Paddle boards and diving.
Thanks!

Is this any good? From my copy of "The Frogman of Burma" by Bruce S. Wright, London: William Kimber, 1968. The illustration is of "The first paddleboard in England" and I think the picture dates from 1942. Wright was a Canadian naval officer and his book is a history of the first "frogman unit" formed by the Allies in World War II. He raised and commanded the Sea Reconnaissance Unit from its training period in California through its successful action in Burma.
scan0001.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom