Old, discontinued threads-Inquiring minds want to know?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilot fish

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Do you divers wonder, as I do, what happened to several incidents, accidents, deaths that were reported on this Board and the threads closed? What were the findings and dispositons of them? Enough time has gone by now that there should have been resolution and the actual facts, not speculation, as some of us offered, come to light? Two threads that come quickly to mind [ because they were so unusual ] are the lady that claimed to be gropped at depth by a DM in Mexico and the doctor that perished diving the Spiegel Grove? Are there any others that you guys would like to know more about?

Since one of the functions of this Board is to impart sound information on diving, I think it would help to know what the outcome and actual facts were on these and other threads.

It's entirely possible, that no facts ever surface about the actual COD for these divers.

Most often, drowning is to blame, (since ultimately most people end up drowning, but that might not be the real CAUSE) and the drowning also makes it more difficult for investigators to probe into the actual cause. Also, they (cops) probably don't have the interest that WE do into the cause... They write drowned, and that's that... case closed.

howarde:
It's entirely possible, that no facts ever surface about the actual COD for these divers.

Most often, drowning is to blame, (since ultimately most people end up drowning, but that might not be the real CAUSE) and the drowning also makes it more difficult for investigators to probe into the actual cause. Also, they (cops) probably don't have the interest that WE do into the cause... They write drowned, and that's that... case closed.

Yes, I think that is the case, howarde, but some divers in the locale of the incident might have some additional info about it? In the case of the doctor, it was very puzzling how a diver got to the surface ok and was on the mooring ball then left it and perished.

Are there any other incidents you'd like to know the outcome of?

pilot fish:
You're succeeding :eyebrow: groannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
C'mon....it wouldn't be a 'cover up' if it wasn't covered up! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom