old Decor reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lspringm

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was given this old Decor first stage: DIN diaphragm. It is obviously old and unused for many years. I thought I could use it in the scuba classes I teach. Just for fun I put a second stage on it and attached it to a cylinder. It works great. It is very solid and has a turret head for LP connections. I would like to find a way to rebuild it (I have experience servicing regs), but I have so far found no information about this reg. Please see the photos. If anyone has any suggestions about getting parts, please let me know.

Attachments

• old dacor reg 1.jpg
    old dacor reg 1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 56
  • old dacor reg 2.jpg
    old dacor reg 2.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 55
  • old dacor reg 3.jpg
    old dacor reg 3.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 57
  • old dacor reg 4.jpg
    old dacor reg 4.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 61
I am just doing guesswork here by looking thru old regulator files. Maybe this is 950 first stage with environmental kit? Curious why there is D-ring attached, can't quite see what is going on there from the photo angle. Creative sling attachment point?
For the fun of it, here is some info if it is a 950.

Reckon parts will be hard to find, maybe with luck. 950s and other Dacor first stages tend to go relatively cheap when they pop up on the auction sites, so could pick up another for parts. Obviously not a practical approach if just for fun.

Attachments

• 950 DIN.pdf
    62 KB · Views: 62
  • Dacor Enviromental Kit.pdf
    98.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Dacor 950 1st stage.pdf
    758.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Dacor Pacer 950XL skin diver.pdf
    11.9 MB · Views: 95
I am just doing guesswork here by looking thru old regulator files. Maybe this is 950 first stage with environmental kit? Curious why there is D-ring attached, can't quite see what is going on there from the photo angle. Creative sling attachment point?
For the fun of it, here is some info if it is a 950.

Reckon parts will be hard to find, maybe with luck. 950s and other Dacor first stages tend to go relatively cheap when they pop up on the auction sites, so could pick up another for parts. Obviously not a practical approach if just for fun.
Wow! Thank you so much. This is a huge help. Yes, the D-ring was just holding the reg up, it was not attached.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom