Old Aqua Zepp battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cratos

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi gang I have an OLD Aqua Zepp and I need the battery info I had it but can't find it. So if anyone can tell me what size batteries these take It would be great.
thanks

I think there were different ones for the different models. I remember that mine (short tow behind) used a rectangular battery, and you had to take a grinder and relieve the top outside edges of the battery slightly to get it in the tube. Paul Heinrich used these, and I think he still has a couple of them.

Hi Cratos. It depends on the model you have. If it is a large one with two switches (4 speeds) you need two batteries. As cfg-1 said, you have to grind the edges ~1mm to make them fit perfectly. I'll check the dimensions later. If it is a small one the original configuration had a large and a small battery in parallel.

On another note, the old Zepps were fast. With doubles and a stage, I was getting over 200fpm out of mine 25 years ago.

A2042376-17A6-4F91-83B6-81F03FA2C402.jpeg
11DCEFCD-D819-4CDE-92B5-1893C461946A.jpeg
My zepp and batteries, I can measure if you like

Mine uses two standard SLA 12V/24Ah in 175x165x125mm that can be switched parallel or in series. It's from a large Zepp (125cm). The one from mac64 shows what I meant with a large and a small in parallel. Guess the larger battery has the same dimensions as mine.

Back
Top Bottom