Okinawa Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jl5619718

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a work trip to Japan at the end of May and I was thinking of heading down to Okinawa for a few days of diving.

Does anyone have recommendations for dive shop, hotel, where is the best diving, or any other important advice?

What are the typical conditions for that time of year?

Thanks!

I have a work trip to Japan at the end of May and I was thinking of heading down to Okinawa for a few days of diving.

Does anyone have recommendations for dive shop, hotel, where is the best diving, or any other important advice?

What are the typical conditions for that time of year?

Thanks!

Doug, the owner of Reef Encounters can help you out with diving and hotel info.

Okinawa Diving, Japan - Reef Encounters - Japan's Tropical Dive Paradise with World Class Reefs! We are the only international full service dive shop.

Average water temperature for May is around 70 deg F. It rains quite a bit all year long in Okinawa but May is the "rainy" season.

Although May is the rainy season the diving is quite good. Water temp right now is 22C or 71F and by May we should be around 24-25C or 76/77F. There are a variety of hotels and guest houses available on Okinawa depending on your price range and desire for luxury.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom