Okay, I'm sold.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZenDiver.3D

Rejecting Reality
ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Picture this- My man-child, whose name shall not be mentioned, Justin, is newly turned 13 years old, 5"11' and wears a size 12 shoe.... Manly, thy name is Justin, well, he thinks so. He, saw my newly arrived force fins. Screamin' Pink, remember? In his crackly deep voice, "Mom, you have GOT to be kidding. I can't look at you and those. I mean seriously."
Insert hurt looks and me protectively telling my fins to ignore the bad boy.
Well, we dove. We hit our surface interval and are hanging out, having fun, and the Man-child says," So Mom, can I ummm, hold those fins for a minute?"
I wonder if he's going to launch them, but I hand them over anyway.
This long haired, goth loving, manly boy, proceeds to put on my PINK fins and hop off the boat. He spends the next 15 minutes or so snorkling around the boat.
He comes back up and asks if he can use them the next dive. He's using them barefoot because I have xl's. I cannot believe it. "Justin, really, you want the uber-pink funny fins?" He says," Hey, I can handle the pink. These are really cool." The other guys on the boat started picking at him, and all he said was," You know, you can laugh all you want, but I'm the one in the pink fins that can kick your butts in the water. And my mom will take care you up here. Right mom? Mom, quit laughing, you're so not helping here." (Me- rolling on the deck giggling at my baby. He still wore the fins on the next two dives.
So much for my-buy the pink, nobody will try to snake them from me no the boats- theory...
By the way, I absolutely love these fins. I have used them five times now in the sea and they are really cool. I need to shorten the bungee, not sure how, though. Just a tad. Or maybe get a little bigger boot. We'll see. But they don't fall off with he loose bungee anyway, so... I think I may have to get another pair. So many kinds... so few of my own feet......
onon
Zen

Hey thanks. The video on adjustment really helped. It was a piece of cake. I am sure that my pink girls won't be alone long.... :)

Back
Top Bottom