Okanagan Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flogenburner

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

I just moved back to the Okanagan, thanks to the economy, and was wondering if there is any diving near Summerland.

-Chris

Chris...you poor b@#$@d... I don't know what else to say. You are going to have to replace that Octopus on your avatar with a trout.

Be careful those Force Fins might get stolen for float tube fishing.:wink:

Good luck, we will keep you posted on the viz here!!

U/O

I think the channel between OK and Skaha would be a crazy drift dive (even if it were only 8' deep). You might need doubles for it though :D
I'm planning on diving up there this summer.
Here's a link to a site with Bathymetric (depth) maps that I like to look at and daydream over: http://a100.gov.bc.ca/pub/fidq/bathyMapSelect.do
Just enter Okanagan, Kalamalka or Skaha lake and see what's there. Look at Skaha and see the wall dive that's near Kaleden (west mid lake).

Last edited:
Good morning,
I'm a little north of Summerland and know a bunch of sites in the Kelowna/Westside area. There is a book that came out recently published by somebody in Alberta that has Okanagan Lake sites including the south end of the lake. I can get you the title if you want it. The name escapes me right now. The dive shop in Kelowna does what they call a social dive on every second Tuesday starting April 28/09 If you go to the Diving Dynamics website and look under events there is a schedule posted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom