OK, I did it...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I ordered my strobe from Yuzo (thanks for your help Yuzo!), an INON D-180 to be exact, with all the bells and whistles....now I have just one question. When taking pictures in MFSuperMarco mode the internal flash is shut off, right? And the strobe works via fiber optic, right? How will the strobe know when to flash if the internal doesn't set it off? Will I ever be able to use the strobe in MFSuperMarco mode? Or is this something I can patch in the my mode option?...I know I could read the instruction book, when it gets here...but you guys are soooo handy!

Thanks,
Lisa

Go to the set menu of your camera and dial in "Fill in Flash".The flash will fire even in SuperMacro.I just received my D180 too from Ryan and is still learning with my 5060 and PT 20.Hope this help.Fredi.

Leesa, in testing the D-180 that Ryan loaned me, the flash works in MFSmacro, just set the flash to fill flash.....I think.

It's cool! I sure do want this strobe!

congcrates I did the same havent recieved mine yet hope to have before I go to cozumel in april 9th please posts some pictures

medic13:
congcrates I did the same havent recieved mine yet hope to have before I go to cozumel in april 9th please posts some pictures
Hope so for you too!
Wanted to check your website out but the link isn't good...could you check it out?

22.gif

Congrats. I'm sure you will love it.

C5050/C5060:

You can get the camera's flash to fire in SuperMacro mode (AF or MF) but only in A or M shooting mode. You will need to set it to 'Slave' flash mode:
- Set the camera to A or M
- Select SMacro (AF or MF)
- OK >> mode menu >> camera >> flash >> slave >> level 1
- Force the camera's flash on (A::lightning symbol or M: Slow)

Since in Slave mode the camera doesn't fire a pre-flash, on the D-180 you will need to turn the Advance Cancel Circuit OFF by installing the magnet. Please read the pdf manual for correct installation procedure (p 34).

If you are happy shooting in A or M (M recommended) then I would suggest you use this setting for normal macro (flower symbol), CFWA ie whenever you are using the strobe to illuminate the scene. Not only can you use the strobe in SMacro, the camera's flash will also recycle super fast and you will extend battery life.

HTH

Yeah...what ReyeR said! That's what I did. :wink: He explains it better than I did in our PM's!

Dee:
Yeah...what ReyeR said! That's what I did. :wink: He explains it better than I did in our PM's!
lol...thanks...Both of you!

Back
Top Bottom