Ojamo Mine, Lohja, Finland dive guides and services?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaGypsy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I've been enjoying numerous videos of folks diving in the Ojamo mine in Lohja, Finland and am wondering if this site is open to visitors? I plan to be passing through Helsinki in late March 2018 with all of my cold water dive equipment (except tanks) as I travel north for a week of ice diving in the White Sea. Are there Ojamo mine dive guides that can provide services including guiding, tanks and appropriate fill gasses that might be available for hire? I'd like to add a few days on and go on some mine dives if it is possible. I'll be travelling with a non-diving buddy that is an outdoorsman and is quite content hanging on the surface in beautiful country.

It is not open vistors except perhaps a few invited guests. There is a whole process of becoming "OK"ed to dive there. Their website ( www.kaivossukeltajat.com ) seems to be gone - that address now loads a Chinese page full of nonesense.
I guess if I wanted to find out about diving there I would contact any "kaivossukeltajat" (mine divers) group on FB (there are many, representing the associations/groups managing diving at an assortment of mines on private property) and ask them how to contact the folks managaing Ojamo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom