Oil Rigs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

broadreach

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm interested in diving one of the oil rigs in Southern California. I've looked through all the various dive boats and charters web sites but couldn't find any of the commercial boats advertising a trip to any of the oil rigs.
A search on this forum shows no posts on oil rigs for more than a year. Is nobody diving the rigs anymore?
They seem like really cool dive sites and I'd love to check one out.

Thanks!

Call the Peace dive boat and see if they are running any trips. I'm not sure they run open boat trips, but they may go if a shop or club charter requests it. You could find out the shop or club and book through them.

I guess I can try to call them, but the online calendar for the Peace shows strictly Channel Island dives.
I'm not sure if this is true, but I have a sense that most of the operators want to keep their trips catering to the lowest denominator, so a shallow spot in the Channel Islands brings more potential customers than an oil rig.
Has anyone gone on an oil rig dive recently? who did you go with?

I'm interested in diving one of the oil rigs in Southern California. I've looked through all the various dive boats and charters web sites but couldn't find any of the commercial boats advertising a trip to any of the oil rigs.
A search on this forum shows no posts on oil rigs for more than a year. Is nobody diving the rigs anymore?
They seem like really cool dive sites and I'd love to check one out.

Thanks!

I'll be diving Ellen and Elly with Seas the day scuba. They are planning a dive out there early 2016. I'll keep you updated as to when it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom