Ohio has its first LGBTQ+ Dive Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
www.buckeyediveclub.com (edited by moderator)

There is a unique hospitality about water - whether it is an ocean, sea, lake, river, quarry or swimming pool, the water welcomes everyone equally. When divers enter the underwater world, they can become a seamless part of its ecosystem, moving in harmony with all sea life. Diving requires that we take care of each other, and ensure that our dive buddies are safe - focusing on the core of our humanity. For these and many others reasons, scuba diving is the most amazing sport.

Founded in August 2020 during the COVID pandemic, The Buckeye Dive Club aims to encompass all that is amazing about diving: respect for nature and each other, mutual support, natural beauty and a community focused on a common interest and purpose.

Inspired by www.divingforlife.org , the annual international LGBTQ+ scuba jamboree that raises money for health charities, the Buckeye Dive Club was formed to capture that spirit of camaraderie and community that comes from diving and helping others.

Buckeye Dive Club is Ohio's LGBTQ+, friends and family scuba community. All are welcome!

clownfishsydney

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
There used to be an LGBTQ+ dive club in Sydney called Sydney Underwater Bushwalking Society. It was around for a long time, hence the name which was presumably so as to not upset some people in less enlightened times.

However, I just tried to find them and all the links no longer work, so it seems to have closed. It was fairly active at the time, they asked me if they could use my dive site articles when publicising dives, so I know they used to plan a lot of dives. They also did trips within NSW and Australia at least.

Good luck with the new club.

chillyinCanada

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
FYI, you're missing the second "e" in "eye" so your link won't take anyone to your site till you correct it.

Happy diving!

Thanks, we've fixed it for them in their post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Top Bottom