Oh What To Do??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeepster0000

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a brand new drysuit. I think I want to buy the DUI TLS350. The problem is that I am 6'2" at 230#. I have a 46-48 chest and a 36 inch waist. If you look on the sizing chart I am a XX by my heaight and chest, but a L by my waist an hips.

Would you reccomend me getting the XX and have it be a little baggy in the gut area, or should I just get the suit cut for me? If i do get a custom cut, I would want the cavers cut because it gets rid of excess material.

Remember $$ is a very big issue for me. I am going to purchase this in the summer when the money is there. I figure if i am going to buy something, I might as well do it right. The only problem is, that if I buy this drysuit, I will not be able to take the cave classes this summer.

Please Help, and give me some ideas.
ADAM

jeepster0000 wrote...
If i do get a custom cut, I would want the cavers cut because it gets rid of excess material.
From what I've heard, you'd want the cavers cut only if you plan on a lot of scootering. Otherwise, it's supposed to be too cozy for comfortable swimming.

A normal custom cut might be more practical. YMMV.

jeepster0000 once bubbled...
I am looking to buy a brand new drysuit. I think I want to buy the DUI TLS350. The problem is that I am 6'2" at 230#. I have a 46-48 chest and a 36 inch waist. If you look on the sizing chart I am a XX by my heaight and chest, but a L by my waist an hips.

Would you reccomend me getting the XX and have it be a little baggy in the gut area, or should I just get the suit cut for me? If i do get a custom cut, I would want the cavers cut because it gets rid of excess material.

Remember $$ is a very big issue for me. I am going to purchase this in the summer when the money is there. I figure if i am going to buy something, I might as well do it right. The only problem is, that if I buy this drysuit, I will not be able to take the cave classes this summer.

Please Help, and give me some ideas.
ADAM

no question about it, get a custom suit if the standard size does not fit right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom