Oh crap! I screwed up. Thank you Logic/Genesis DPV and Jon Nellis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Superlyte27

Banned
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
So, a few weeks ago we bought a few of the new Genesis DPV's. We got a 2.1 and a 2.2. Today we flew to Bonaire. I was super excited to get my favorite DPV (And I've used Suex, SS, Genesis, & Bonex extensively) in the water. In my excitement, I managed to fry the charger instantly by plugging it into a 220v wall outlet while the charger was set for 110v. Toast, no fixing it.

I call Jon Nellis, and honestly, it wasn't surprising that he answered the phone. He always answers the phone when a customer calls it seems like. At any rate, we ran through some quick trouble shooting and within minutes, we discovered that I had really screwed up. The charger was down for the count.

Jon, always the problem solver, said there was still enough time to get to FedEx. On a Saturday, on his day off, answered the phone, but then grabbed his personal charger, boxed it up, and ran to FedEx to ship me a charger via 3 day air to Bonaire.

I can tell you, the scooter is the best thing out there any way you measure it. The burn time, thrust, speed, and ease of use are unmatched no matter how you measure it. But seriously guys, what CEO of a company answers his phone on Saturday, leaves his house with a boxed up charger and rushes to FedEx within minutes of the deadline to make sure that my dream of scootering in Bonaire was met.

Between the quality of the scooter and the excellence of customer support, even in a 3rd world country, there really is no other scooter to buy.

Thank you Jon for bailing me out. You're the best.

Compared to bonex and Suez does it feel better in water? That customer service gets my sale when I buy Dpv

Jon shipped the scooters with the buoyancy for the type of diving I was doing. Two of us were cave divers, so they were shipped neutral in fresh water. One of us was an ocean diver so it was shipped neutral in salt water. He even had our names on the scooters so we didn't get them mixed up. Of course extra lead was packed with the scooters.

If you've never dove one, you really need to. It's by far easier to ride than any other scooter. Between the anti-torque vains eliminating the urge for the scooter to rotate clockwise and the infinitely variable speed controller right at your thumb, there is nothing out there that drives as nice.

Jon shipped the scooters with the buoyancy for the type of diving I was doing. Two of us were cave divers, so they were shipped neutral in fresh water. One of us was an ocean diver so it was shipped neutral in salt water. He even had our names on the scooters so we didn't get them mixed up. Of course extra lead was packed with the scooters.

If you've never dove one, you really need to. It's by far easier to ride than any other scooter. Between the anti-torque vains eliminating the urge for the scooter to rotate clockwise and the infinitely variable speed controller right at your thumb, there is nothing out there that drives as nice.
Doing DPV course in 2 weeks. Have heard good things about Genesis. Wanted to hear expert opinion. Now just save for own scooter. Thinking of buying one in 1 year.

Sounds like shearwaters level of customer service. A shearwater employee shipped us their personal computer to France so we could keep diving. On shearwaters dime.
I’ve wanted to try the genesis. The only hesitation is the possibility of having to ship it cross country in case of an issue.
Is there a drop in weight so you can easily go from salt to freshwater like the one that comes with suex?

Sounds like shearwaters level of customer service. A shearwater employee shipped us their personal computer to France so we could keep diving. On shearwaters dime.
I’ve wanted to try the genesis. The only hesitation is the possibility of having to ship it cross country in case of an issue.
Is there a drop in weight so you can easily go from salt to freshwater like the one that comes with suex?

Yes, on the weight.

FYI, when we thought we had an issue with the new DPV Jon sent us, he covered a return shipping label. When the rubber met the road, we were able to resolve the issue over the phone and shipping from FL to CA wasn't necessary.

Compared to bonex and Suez does it feel better in water? That customer service gets my sale when I buy Dpv

Where are you located?
The Genesis is comparable to the Bonex for me. Far nicer ride than any Suex I have tried though.

Where are you located?
The Genesis is comparable to the Bonex for me. Far nicer ride than any Suex I have tried though.

Bonex are real problematic in cold water and deep water. Ask me how I know :)

And their burn time and speed blows.

There is nothing that is remotely similar between a bonex and Genesis except that they are both long round and black. Lol

Where are you located?
Finland (always cold), only bad thing about Genesis is that it's made in USA and repairing will be slow. But seems it's the best product out there.

Finland (always cold), only bad thing about Genesis is that it's made in USA and repairing will be slow. But seems it's the best product out there.
Seacraft is in the same price category as a Genesis, EU made with a dealer in Finland. You might look into demoing one.

Back
Top Bottom