Offshore Key Largo this week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

duane-tuesday-0431-jpg.479273.jpg
queen4.jpg spur-groove.jpg MO-COW 10 SEPT 041.JPG

A few from yesterday. 100 feet of vis, water temp 84 F. Molasses Reef, City of Washington, Duane and Double North Dry Rocks.

Attachments

• Duane Tuesday 0431.jpg
    Duane Tuesday 0431.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 71
Incredible diving in the Florida Keys this week. Double North Dry Rocks, Key Largo -- ROCKS!
MO-COW 10 SEPT 035.JPG

84°F, eh? I wonder what it will be October 16-21.... Guess why it would be good for me to know? Heh, heh...

I'm guessing 78 or so...

Beautiful offshore this morning
FD447471-A6F9-46B7-B94B-047D9703A624.jpeg

I saw this cool turtle out on Molasses reef earlier this week.

And this very cool wall of baitfish on the Spiegel Grove.

This video was made in the engine room of the ex-USS Spiegel Grove. I was in full cave gear, the depth at the bottom is about 140 feet.

Going to the engine room on this ship is a FULL technical dive and has ALL the components of a dangerous wreck dive. Plenty of silt on the bottom and the overhead, complete overhead environment, depths to bring about narcosis, lots of ways and places to get lost as has happened when three divers lost their lives attempting this very dive without training or the proper gear.

I was hesitant to publish this here for fear that people will think it is SO VERY COOL that someone will attempt this dive without proper training and equipment.

In order to do this dive safely the diver needs to have completed an Advanced Wreck Diver course, such as the one in the following link. Advanced Wreck Class

The video is 10 minutes in length....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom