Official Kona in May thread!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barrod

Contributor
Reaction score
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
# of dives
25 - 49
Post here if your going to be there!

5/14- 5/24 - I'll be one mile south of Kona for 5 days and then at the fairmont orchid for the rest of the time. Booked with Big Island Divers but it looks like I'll still have free time for more as well.

The shore diving here rocks. I usually recommend Kona Diving Company because they go the extra mile for their customers, but BID is good, too. I'd also recommend spending a day cruising out on Wild Hawaii Ocean Adventures. His boat gets you out and into the water with some crazy animals. I got to swim with pilot whales last week.

I'll be at the Orchid from the 18th-25th. Booked AM boat dives with KDC for the 21st and 22nd as well as the Manta dive on the 23rd. Really looking forward to diving without a 2 piece 7mm.

-Jeremy

There are many good shore dives around here. Keep me posted as you get closer and we can get together for a few. Five bucks for a shore dive is how I like to fill my logbook up. :D

Last edited:
I'd love to do that dive but it took a decent amount of negotiating with my non diver wife to get the three dives I already have booked. A 4th dive day has been very firmly denied!

-Jeremy

Hey Barrod,
My friend and I will see you on the Manta Ray/Black Water dive on the 20th. Have you done this dive before? I am so looking forward to it!

Hi Rosened - no i've never done it before - I've got to figure out if I can still do it. Toyota just let me know that I have a business meeting from 5pm-6pm on the 20th - I wrote to BID asking them to switch to the 21st but it's not available. Maybe I'll skip the manta because I've already got two mantas booked and just do the blackwater - ahhh we'll see.

---------- Post added May 8th, 2013 at 10:19 PM ----------

Okay just spoke with them - looks like you all will be going back to the dock after the manta dive to pick me up for the blackwater dive ---- I'm in!

Back
Top Bottom