Off Topic Jabber and Bull Session

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for everyones help. I think my best bet will be to go to a dive shop or two, and see if theyll let me jump in the pool with their demos.

Anyone have any plans for this weekend? Im diving on the Scubateers Boat Saturday...

I'm doing the same, so I'll see you out there. No other plans though.

I have to work Saturday morning, but I need to get the lake to test a new computer. Hopefully, I'll be available for the next trip to Lake Pleasant.
When shopping for a mask, fit and field of vision should be your primary concerns. To test fit, put it on without the strap around your head. Suck the air out of the mask, so the suction holds it on your face. If it stays in place, it fits good and should not leak. Good luck.
PS: Had a good time last Thursday. Thanks for organizing the meet and greet.

While the suction test is a good first step, it's not fail safe. I've tried several masks that passed the suction test, but failed the in water test.

Kind of funny...

One day, a diver was enjoying the aquatic world 20 feet below sea level. He noticed a guy at the same depth he was, with no scuba gear on whatsoever.

The diver went below another 10 feet, but the guy joined him a minute later. The diver went below 15 more feet, a minute later, the same guy joined him.

This confused the diver, so he took out a waterproof chalkboard, and wrote, "How the heck are you able to stay under this deep without equipment?"

The guy took the board and chalk, erased what the diver had written, and wrote, "I'm drowning, you moron!"

Check out more at: Jokes and Funny Stories

Anyone going to the FBR Open? My buddy Brian and I are going Saturday. If so, PM me your phone #, and we can meet up for a drink.

Also, what is everyones plans for the Super Bowl? I dont have any plans yet. Tempted to try to get into Harolds in Cave Creek, but it's going to be insane, because it's Steelers territory.

Harolds is going to be nuts. I think a couple friends are going to head up there just to see what the mayhem looks like but don't plan to stay.

I'll be in Cali diving this weekend, so I'll have to find a place to watch the game =)

I'll be sitting in front of my big screen, eating 9 layer dip and trading jabs with any steelers fans in my living room. So far that would be only my son-n-law. :lotsalove:
He is heavaly out numbered.

Anyone going to the Renaissance Festival? I go a few times every year, but this year, I think Im going to rent one of those super frilly girl costumes. Theyre beautiful, and I can pretend to be a hippy for a day.

Arizona Renaissance Festival

Back
Top Bottom