Off Scuba Topic…Beach Question ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sue Sue

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I apologize for posting a Non Scuba thread, However….Does anyone of our ScubaBoard Southeren California folks know if people are now allowed to sit on beaches and if so allowed to use a beach umbrella. Sitting on the beach and umbrella use was restricted for Covid and I can not find any updates. Traveling to Long Beach and San Diego end of July. Thanks in advance for any help. Best Regards, Double S

Sitting on the beach and umbrella use was restricted for Covid and I can not find any updates. Traveling to Long Beach and San Diego end of July.
Did you find any answers? I'm no Californian. Did Google up a page on rules for the Department Beaches & Harbors, Los Angeles County, last updated 7-19-21, and I imagine you could shoot them an e-mail to find out. Chairs and canopies are noted as allowed per that page (I'm guessing the umbrella counts as a canopy?). Also check their FAQ, which addresses pandemic-related restrictions.

Whatever you find out, please post back to this thread in case someone else has the same question.

In San Diego you certainly can. Feel like I’ve been up in LA/OC and seen beach umbrellas recently

Once the beaches reopened after the summer closure in 2020, at least in LA, Ventura and Santa Barbara counties there aren't any restrictions on sitting on the beach, masks, umbrellas, etc. Lots of beaches are packed on weekends during the summer, and popular beaches like Santa Monica are packed all the time now

Thanks to all for your help..❤️ our Diving Community !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom