Odd Search Results

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deadly_risk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I got some odd search results when searching "DAN Tag Plus" today. Attached is a screen shot showing the odd times. Just FYI to the powers that be.

Attachments

• scubaboard_search_oddity.jpg
    scubaboard_search_oddity.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 26
May I second that opinion? It seems like every time I am a little fast on the "New Posts" search link, I get that error . . . "try again in [something between] 20 and 30 seconds.

Most three letter words are NOT supported in search. If there is something CRITICAL (like Veo or NDL) please let me know. Thanks!

Actually, I was referring to the "New Posts" link. It's the link giving those odd results.

I got some odd search results when searching "DAN Tag Plus" today. Attached is a screen shot showing the odd times. Just FYI to the powers that be.

The message you are referring to "This forum requires that you wait 3 seconds between searches. Please try again in 21 seconds" is because the clocks were for some reason out of sync. It is fixed again... For now.

If you want to search for Dan or Tag, you need to search for *Dan* or *Tag* as 3 letter words won't search on V-boards. But that will give you a humongous list of threads that have nothing to do with the subject.

I tried "*Dan* *Tag*" but that failed.

Searching for dantag worked well tho. I just bumped one in Accessories. The last thread specifically about DAN Tags was mine in 2007 and I was tempted to bump it, but didn't.

I think it'd be great if you started a new thread on them in Basic Scuba, IMO.

His question wasn't about the 3 letter word search, it was about the clock being off. Check his attached image :wink: :)

Does that mean the servers were "ticked" off?

His question wasn't about the 3 letter word search, it was about the clock being off. Check his attached image :wink: :)
Yes, I see that too - but some of us noticed the 3 letter word problem.
Most three letter words are NOT supported in search. If there is something CRITICAL (like Veo or NDL) please let me know. Thanks!
And I tried to offer a comprehensive answer.

How about "who"? As in searching for "Who's who"?

The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : who

:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom