Odd results with D-40 zoom and DS-50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MRM

Reaction score
This is a newbie question, and I'm sorry if it's been covered before, but I couldn't find anything through a search so I'm turning to the experts.

My buddy and I just purchased an Ikelite DS-50 with sensor to go with our D-40 zoom/PT-012. When using the strobe on both TTL and Manual, our pictures come out significantly darker than they do with just the camera's flash. The camera's red eye feature is turned off. Are we neglecting a setting on the camera? Are the camera and strobe compatible?

Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Have you contacted Ike with these questions?

Hi Dee,

No, I haven't. I don't know what the cause is, but it would appear to be a camera issue rather than a strobe issue. The picture is significantly brighter with the strobe off than it is with the strobe on under precisely the same conditions. Is there a way that the strobe could cause this?

Thanks,
Mike

I honestly can't say. I don't know enough about the mechanics of the various strobes, especialy Ike's. He'll be able to explain the whys and hows and help you figure out if it's a camera or strobe problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom