Odd Question regarding SAT diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

His certification comes from the Association of Diving Contractors International as a Bell / Sat diver. Expires 2022.

I would bet that certification could be met without having any recreational certification. Recreational certification does not count for training for commercial diving, bottom of link page.

ADCI

Bob

Hello,

I own a recreational scuba center and recently a Bell / Saturation Diver has asked for work as a recreational Divemaster. He is a not a certified recreational Divemaster or Instructor with an of the agencies. His certification comes from the Association of Diving Contractors International as a Bell / Sat diver. Expires 2022. I know he works locally in the commercial diving roll for the cruise ship industry, so he is legit qualified.

I'm having difficulty finding information regarding legalities regarding the pseudo industry swap. Obviously I don't want either of us to find trouble should stuff go sideways on a dive. Would his Sat certification qualify him to work as a recreational Divemaster?
No. Would need recreational certification from an agency, preferably from agency your facility uses, and liability insurance.

Back
Top Bottom