Odd GoPro battery pac issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danpass

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I don't want to send everything to GoPro so they can troubleshoot this, which is what they've requested.

This may be due to a semi-botched firmware update (sbfu) .... but anyway.

Item #1; Background. GoPro Hero2 with batterypac attached, in-housing, for 2-3 months at a time, no issues with batteries running down excessively, hardly an rundown actually.

Then the first firmware update came out for the Hero2. I went ahead and downloaded the useless cineform software, plugged in the camera (which had the batterypac attached at the time; ie: sbfu) and ran the update.

Camera acted fine, used it a bit, etc. Then back to Item #1 status.

Then use camera ...... dead. Batteries completely flat.

Recharge and forget it about it again. But this time, the next day I notice that the main red light on the front is on, with a very slight pulsing. Sort of like a flourescent light that is mostly on and working to stay on.

That is what was running the battery down, first the backpac then the main.

Then the wifi backpac and the next firmware update came out. Follow directions to the letter this time. Everything works (and in addition I can now zoom thru the menus vs when I originally bought the camera and there was a delay when switching thru.)

Battery backpac issue seems resolved as well. Right?

Nope. I can only think that the backpac itself is messed up. Which is where GoPro comes in. I've asked about sending it in for a replacement but they want everything in order to test it out, which I understand.

But I've had two Hero2s at one point and greatly preferred the WB output of the one I kept lol.

So has anyone had a similar issue? What was your resolution, if any?

I'm at the point of just buying another backpac to see if the issue remains. And if it 'fixes' the issue its ok as the one I have still works as a charger anyway.

Back
Top Bottom