Odd Aqualung SEA first?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OldNSalty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I’ve got a couple of SEA first and I picked up another one yesterday but it is not like any I had seen before. In the first picture the one on the left is what I am use to seeing. The one on the right (the new purchase) has a different top. I am wondering what that’s about. Is it just a very early model? I’ve also included a picture from the side, you might be able to notice that there is a difference in height. SEA_Top.jpgSEA_side_view.jpg

Supreme/Cold water kit?

Difficult to tell from pics if there is a diaphragm on top on new purchase.

I was wondering if it could be a cold water kit-In Fl we don't see many of those. I'll try and get a better pic. The top of the new one is taller. Where my other 2 have a flat, slotted cap on top of that turret area this one has a rubber diaphragm with a small screw in the middle of it. I believe it is US Divers as the knob on the yoke says "Conshelf SEA" and it has a micra and a conshelf 21(?) attached.

I believe that the environmental seal on this reg is the older oil filled type not the new dry seal. I have had several of the SEA/Cousteau's with the Dry Seal Environmental Seal and the sealing chamber is shorter and has a solid flat clear or translucent membrane with no hole.

Do you guys think it will be hard to service if it is an oil filled dry kit?

Should't be. Aqualung/US Divers is good about keeping standardized parts in its regulators. Take it to an LDS who handles Aqualung equipment.

Thanks, I'll take it in when it needs service. Right now the only thing I noticed that is wrong is that one of the seconds needs to be adjusted. I hear a leak, not sure if I would call it free flowing but I need to look at it more closely.

Thanks, I'll take it in when it needs service. Right now the only thing I noticed that is wrong is that one of the seconds needs to be adjusted. I hear a leak, not sure if I would call it free flowing but I need to look at it more closely.

Have you checked the IP. If the first stage has a high IP or creeping IP that may be the cause of the second stage 'leak'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom