Oceanlog

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamesH

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I bought a VT3 computer. And got Oceanlog with it. I have a small problem maybe some one could help with.
I have around 40 dives and I thought I'd put them in the Oceanlog program manually. So I'd have my whole record. Well I got 22 of them done when things got messed up. Every thing went okay up till the last entry. What happened is the dive numbers got messed up with the dive dates. And I can't change it. Also I lost the first two dives and a couple others down the line. I put in a lot of info. To not beable to fix it. I could start over, but will the same thing happen. Not a very good program if you can't make it right. The first three dives were without a computer. The rest were with a Sherwood Source computer. Havn't been able to try out the VT3 as of yet. I don't know if the PDC dive # and the Life time dive # not being the same has any thing to do with it. But now the numbers are the same and that's what's messing it up. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jim

I did some messing around with my dive logs to try and recreate your problems. From what I can tell the Life Time Dive # is merely a function of the date field. Oceanlog will automatically put your dives in chronological order.

From what I understand of your problem, I would just fix the dive dates for the dives that are wrong, then click on save. Once the changes are saved, you'll see that Oceanlog has changed the Life Time Dive # to put that dive in the right order.

Thanks for the help. I guess it worked some what. It did start putting the dives in the right order. But I had to change the date on every dive. And I couldn't get a number 1 dive, have two 6 dives, and two 9 dives. The information was gone on some of the dives. And when I changed one of the dive times, it screwed up all the dives again. I guess I can wait until I start useing the comuter and download some dives and see what happens.

Thanks again
Jim

I had a simular problem. Take a close look at your time in and time out, on each dive make sure they don't overlap on a same day multiple dive as it will screw everything up.

Thanks for the help. I guess it worked some what. It did start putting the dives in the right order. But I had to change the date on every dive. And I couldn't get a number 1 dive, have two 6 dives, and two 9 dives. The information was gone on some of the dives. And when I changed one of the dive times, it screwed up all the dives again. I guess I can wait until I start useing the comuter and download some dives and see what happens.

Thanks again
Jim
Under Configuration -> Personal, at the bottom of the screen, there is a field called "Beginning Life Time Dive Number". If that is set to 2, oceanlog will automatically increment starting from 2, thus preventing a dive #1 from showing up.

As ocgrant mentioned, check the times for your dives, as that can mess up the automatic dive numbering algorithm as well.

Okay, Thanks for all the input. I really appreciate it. What I did was uninstalled the program and reinstalled. I figured with all the changeing I was doing, might as well start over. Anyways The program is running differently. Seems The first installation wasn't up to par. It's much better. There's places that automatically get imput that I had to manual imput before. I'm thinking the program is running the way it's suppose too now.
After you mentioned it, I noticed my first dive was later in the day then my second. I don't know what I was thinking that day. Must have been haveing fun.

Thanks again people.
Jim

Thanks ocgrant,

I had a problem wit 2 dive #1 and 2 dive #2's. the problem was they where my manual entries when I just started diving, and information like "time in" and "Time out" was not all that important.
Both dives started on 00:00 which obviously confused the software.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom