Oceanlog 2.2.3 re-released 9-15-08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RAWalker

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Version 2.2.3 has been released again and this time it seems to be functional.
It will require editing of the dives logged with earlier versions, but the new functions and form are an improvement.
Printed dive details output is now correct.

Yes, it is, it is actually the 4th version of 2.2.3 that I have seen. The 1 we got in August was usable but had problems in the printed dive details. That has been fixed along with a few changes users asked for.

I will download and install it tonight.

It will require editing of the dives logged with earlier versions....

Can you be more specific in terms of what type of editing must be done? Why can't all information be updated automatically?

Oceanic added more specific fields to the dive location, more tank info and the ability to set a default tank type.
The editing that is needed is on the dive location fields and maybe some on your gearbag Since these fields have been expanded to be more descriptive the software doesn't know what to put where.
Yes it applies to the VT3 and any other dive computer that uses Oceanlog software except the Atom 1.0 which can only use the earlier version of Oceanlog.

Yes it applies to the VT3 and any other dive computer that uses Oceanlog software except the Atom 1.0 which can only use the earlier version of Oceanlog.

As best I can tell, Sherwood (Wisdom 2) uses Oceanlog. (The help button pull down says "Oceanlog Help.")

Will this new version work with my Wisdom 2 and its driver?

Thanks.

It may be a new version but it still has Bugs. We are back to the Gear Bag fault again. When I try to zero out the weight belt part it won't let me. I though this had been fixed once.

I agree Klammer it seems like one step forward and two step back.
Seems like instead of the programmer taking the last release and fixing the problem they use an earlier version and reincorporate old bugs.
I may go back to the beta prior to this release it seemed to work but others wanted the location in the other page.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom