Oceanic Zeo second stage thread specifications

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Colliam7

Tech Instructor
Staff member
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am trying to find a quick-disconnect that will fit on an Oceanic Zeo second stage. The user doesn't want to use the swivel hose, they just want to be able to swap second stages on a standard hose.

The threading on the second stage is clearly different - larger diameter, possibly 11/16 - from standard second stage hose threading, so the usual quick disconnect devices won't fit.

1663786633413.jpeg

Possibly, some sort of adapter exists - a reduction fitting for example.

I have gone to two Oceanic dealers and neither of them seem to be able to a) tell me what the threading specifications actually are, or b) sell or recommend a quick-disconnect that will fit this second stage. There have been a couple of threads in the past year addressing the related issue of fitting the second stage to a long hose, but the posts in the thread never really addressed the issue.

The Oceanic forum here on SB is inactive, and I don't sense that posting there will get a manufacturer's response.

So, does anyone have any idea what the thread specs are, or what quick disconnect might fit the threads? As a last resort, I am going to carry the second stage to DEMA in hopes that Huish / Oceanic is there, and can address the question. But, in the interim, I thought I would at least try posting here.

Back
Top Bottom