Oceanic Worldwide Announces Voluntary Recall of FDX-10 and CDX-5 First Stage Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just found out my Delta IV unfortunately falls into the affected list category.

A question to Oceanic...

Is this something that a authorized Oceanic LDS is well-qualified to repair, or am I better off shipping it off to the factory?

Or does the LDS just ship it to the factory for repair? (In which case I can eliminate the middle-man and ship it myself.)

Also... is there any problem with me removing all my octos/gauges and just bringing in or shipping the 1st stage?

If your shop is Oceanic certified repairs it's not a problem to have them do it. They won't send it back to oceanic if repair certified.

It takes all of 15 minutes to replace if you move at the pace of a turtle, and then another little bit of time to re-bench test (if your shop is anal-retentive and doesn't let things leave without a check).

We did 25 of them in less than an hour with an assembly line system. The longest chunk of time was putting them on the machines for testing after the repair.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom