oceanic versa pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad it don't. If I just have made 1 are 2 shallow dives and not close to NDL I'll skip the 3 minute stop at 15ft. I don't want the beeping and blinking lights. ( for all you that are about to faint about skipping the 3 minute stop you don't need to. My first 3000 dives or so was before the safety stop implementation and no ill affects. Now, if I knew how to just turn the ascent rate alarm off .... )

Hi Doug, my versa pro always prompts me to do a safety stop at [-]15 ft[/-] 6.0M for 3 mins for non-deco dives. Doesn't bleep at the end or if I want to forgo the stop either. I thought all versa pros had this feature?

@ Bob: no kidding about the ascent alarm!

I've had 2 Versa Pros (sadly, both have flooded-battery compartment).

IIRC, the first one did not have a safety stop countdown, but the second one-referred to as "the V.P.2" by the LDS people,did. There were no beeps, just a 3 min. countdown as you got to 20 ft (on ascent). You could get back to the '"regular screen" with the push of a button.

Back
Top Bottom