Oceanic Veo 3.o battery change

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BillNH

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Greetings all,

I need to change out the battery on my Oceanic Veo 3.0 wrist mount computer. It has been a few years since I have dove or used the computer so of course the battery is dead !

I have read and been told that I should replace the O ring at the same time and lube the O ring with silicone.

I can find the Oceanic kits online in various places(Scubatoys and others), but they are charging $ 23.00 for a battery, O ring and small tube of silicone lube. I can get the battery for a few dollars at a drug store...

What is everyone else doing in this scenario ?

Thanks for your comments

Bill

I have the VEO 100. I take it to scuba toys in carrollton and let them change it for me. That way if it floods, they'll take responsibility for the failure.

I have a Hollis DG03 which is similar as far as battery changes. I originally looked for specs for the o-ring without a lot of success so got in the habit of inspecting the o-ring, using a very, very small amount of silicon lube and reusing it. I've changed several batteries over the years (My wife and I both have one and we carry a spare) and haven't had any problems. YMMV. Here's an SB link to a list of DC o-ring specs and the thread that contains additional info.

https://www.scubaboard.com/community/attachments/computer-batt-o-ring-v1-5-pdf.220726/

Dive computer battery and o-ring spec's

Check EveryBody's fAvorite auction sYte for cheap, generic battery/o-ring combo kits.
Personally, I don't think it necessary to swap out the o-ring each battery change.

Back
Top Bottom