Oceanic Veo 250 SET Mode problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Austin52

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have read the user manual cover to cover twice to see if I was doing something wrong but I can't figure it out.. My problem is not being able to reliably get to the "SET" modes. I have gotten into them a few times and have the settings the way that I want them. I understand everything once I get into the SET menus, I'm just not able to get there whenever I want.. This concerns me for multiple reasons, one, I'm a control freak and I'd like to be able to change things whenever I want. And two, I'm starting to get into EANx diving and want to be able to change the O2% at will and not worry about tables. This is done in the SET mode 1 and if I can't get there in between every dive I'm going to run into problems. Has anyone else experienced this with their Veo 250? Did I miss something in the manual? Please help..

I have the Veo 200 which is basically the same. With mine, I have to push the front two buttons the same time and hold for 2 secs. The first will be set one which is where you can set the more common things i.e. the max depth, time, and O2% and the next is set 2 which is the more uncommon items. If you have any other problems let me know.

I know how to do it, it just wont go to the SET modes every time. I hold both buttons for 2 seconds for SET 1 and for 5-7 seconds for SET 2, but most of the time when I hold them neither SET mode pops up. I've made my fingers sore a few times trying to get it into SET modes only to give up after a while because it wasn't absolutely necessary for my dive. But I'm really like to be able to do it every time, no problems. I'm just curious if anyone else has had this problem or if there's something I'm doing wrong.. Thanks!

Sounds like one of the contacts has gone bad in one of the buttons. Is there an oceanic rep near you that could do a service on it? Or try calling oceanic to see if you could send it to them.

I concur with Getnsquirrelee. One of the buttons is making false contact. Got to send it to an Oceanic dealer.

Back
Top Bottom