Oceanic Veo 1.0 dive computer - Specialty Class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveNav

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The Oceanic Veo 1.0 dive computer - Specialty Class is now available.

This class includes 33, professionally made, interactive and effective multimedia audio / visual, several quizzes and a final test packaged in a cost effective online class that will make for an enjoyable user experience..

The class shows how to program the Veo 1.0, then takes you for a virtual dive with the Veo 1.0 first using air then with Nitrox. It also shows you how to perform a deep stop, it covers decompression situations and reviews how the Veo 1.0 responds to those potentially dangerous situations - such as ascending too fast or going too deep - that you might encounter while diving.

Once taken, the Veo 1.0 Specialty Class doubles as an online multimedia User Manual that can be consulted from anywhere around the world.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Does it show how to change the battery? My new VEO100NX needs a battery after one dive. The instructions in the manual doesn't fit what I'm seeing on my computer. The battery is in what appears to me to be a sealed housing that I can't get out. The next step in the manual would have be move the battery contacts, well they are in the "sealed" housing. Even taking the mod from the boot doesn't seem the same as the way the manual describes. Any suggestions? What am I missing?

I have a Veo 250 - I doubt the bettery change process is any different, especially considering my 250 and my wife's Aeris XR 1nx are identical regarding batteries (even the components are the same).

If you got the comp out of the boot (different boot probably have ever so slightly different means of removal) flip it over and u should see a clear battery cover with donut shaped lock ring.
-You should have a butterfly-looking key that came with the computer, insert the pins into the corresponding holes in the lock ring
-rotate couterclockwise (I think - it's been a while, but it should be obviously which way it rotates)
-remove the ring, the clear plastice cover and the o-ring
-there's a battery contact that sort of slides in covering the visible side of the battery - remove it
-put in new battery
-re-assemble in reverse order follwing standard procedures to avoid leakage such as cleaning & re-lubing the o-ring,cleaning the oring seating surfaces, etc...

Last edited:
CT Sean, Thanks, the clear plastic cover (what I referred to as a sealed housing) is what threw me I missed it in the manual. I got ballsy and used a small jewelry flat head screwdriver to just touch the edge of the cover and it moved and I removed it. So now I'm at the battery contact that won't slide and that I'm concerned about breaking it. It looks like its pop riveted to the housing. How is it removed? Thanks again.

OK I just got a bigger set and popped the battery out with the same screwdriver, it'll go back together easily I think. Thanks

Last edited:
Does it show how to change the battery? ......./QUOTE]
Nope .....
But we can certainly add a video to the class to cover this :wink:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom