Oceanic Ultra 7 MM - opinions...anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJMike

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am planning to buy my first wetsuit soon, and am taking the time to look around. My LDS is an Oceanic dealer, and I found out last night that Oceanic has a 7 MM suit called the Ultra 7.

I am an inexperienced diver compared to the rest of you, and haven't done much diving, but now am back diving.

I live in NW New Jersey. My "home watering hole" will be Dutch Springs in PA. I probably will do 60% of my diving there, 20% in other lakes/quarries between NJ and VA, and 20% on ocean dives between NJ and SC.\

I do not plan on doing "cold water" dives, which to me means diving during the winter. I expect all my diving to be between...say April through October.

I want to buy one wetsuit that will best fit that type and locations of diving.

The last time I dove Dutch Springs, the water temp was 59 at 70 feet. The ocean diving that I would like to do would most likely be less than 100' depth, but I have no idea what the ocean water temps would be at 100' during the summer months. Can anyone answer that one?

My LDS, like I said, is an Oceanic dealer and also sells the Pinnacle brand of wetsuits, which look really nice but I haven't gotten any prices yet.

So I welcome all comments on the Oceanic Ultra 7 and any comments on Pinnacle suits that are at least 5 MM.

Thanks!
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom