oceanic pro plus 4 PDC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marcus213

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Just got on board last night w/ this scuba board site, and man its seems busy, complicated w/ a lot of bells & whistles for and old guy who doesn't know much about computers and today's lingo's. I'm intimidated with so many screens & pages to digest for a newbie, so i hope i'm asking a question in the right place. So he i go. I love my oceanic proplus 4, I'm an old guy (59) who needs the big bold numbers, all in one screen! But I have had so many glitches w them. Huishoutdoors has been great to me replacing my units @ no cost to me. This is my 4th one since 2020. The question is, "would it be OK to put a tiny bit of teflon tape on the threads of my PDC where it attaches to my high pressure hose. I know to make sure there is no debris or over lap in the connection point." Thks Marcus213

I am 60 and use the Shearwater Peregrine and Shearwater Perdix AI. I can read both without readers or lens in my mask. I put the brightness on high. Wife has the Proplus 4 ...she also uses a Peregrine on her wrist and mostly uses the Proplus 4 for pressure gauge and back up computer

I am 60 and use the Shearwater Peregrine and Shearwater Perdix AI. I can read both without readers or lens in my mask. I put the brightness on high. Wife has the Proplus 4 ...she also uses a Peregrine on her wrist and mostly uses the Proplus 4 for pressure gauge and back up computer

DO NOT USE TEFLON TAPE!!! These are o-ring seals and a tiny bit of appropriate lubricant will probably solve your problem. Most o-rings used in Scuba do well with glycerin, mineral oil, a commercial silicone grease and even oxy-compatible Scuba lubes. Bone dry o-rings often bind and create leaks.

Just a note: please use sparingly. You barely want to dampen the o-rings. Unless I have to worry about high PO2, mineral oil is my choice. But it cheap at the drug store and it's food safe. IOW, it won't hurt you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom